Cancelations & Refund Policy
Your payment is required to reserve your place and is refundable only if you cancel a minimum of 90 days before the start of the program, minus a $100 cancelation fee. After that time, your payment will be forfeited.
If we are able to book another guest in your place no less than 45 days before the program’s commencement, we will be happy to issue a full refund.
The Pilgrim Ways reserves the right to cancel the trip if we are unable to register the minimum number of people required, or another unforeseen event occurs. If the trip is canceled, we will gladly refund your registration fee. Unless noted otherwise, the registration fee does not include airfare. To protect yourself against an unlikely cancelation, please consider these mitigating actions:
- purchase your ticket using airline frequent flyer miles (most have a low redeposit fee)
- wait to purchase your ticket until we confirm the trip is full, no later than 60 days prior to departure
- purchase a refundable or flexible ticket with a low change fee
- purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ (CFAR) trip insurance
We highly recommend travel insurance to protect you against unexpected changes in plans. For travel insurance providers, please click on “Travel Insurance” here or in the footer of this website.
You affirm that you are of healthy body and mind to participate in this activity, and will have the support or clearance from your physician and/or therapist. You are aware that parts of this walking retreat can be strenuous, and agree to train ahead of time to prepare your body.
You hereby release and hold harmless “The Pilgrim Ways” and staff from all liability for personal injury, including death, as well as all property loss or damage arising out of your participation in the program.
You are aware that illness, injury or accidents are a possibility which may result in costs or damages for which you are solely responsible for, including (but not limited to) local medical care and return by air ambulance or other extraordinary means. You give your consent for immediate care and treatment. You hereby release and agree to indemnity “The Pilgrim Ways” and staff or contractors for any and all damages, liability or costs resulting from the authorizing of medical treatment.
You also understand the possibility of logistical complications including (but not limited to) a guide’s medical emergency, retreat cancelation, transportation delays or cancelation, inclement weather, changes in reservations by lodging vendors, and transportation accidents. You personally assume all such risks, whether foreseen or unforeseen.
To mitigate against such risks, you are aware that travel insurance is available and acknowledge that “The Pilgrim Ways” has strongly recommended that you purchase it. If you decline coverage, you personally assume the risks associated with not having said coverage.
You are aware that “The Pilgrim Ways” will occasionally employ the services of outside personnel, equipment or tour operators over which they have no affiliation or control. You, therefore, release them from any liability of personal injury, death, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of (1) any wrongful, negligent, willful, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any suppliers, or other employees or agents, (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrument owned, operated or otherwise by any of these suppliers, or (3) any wrongful, willful, or negligent act or omissions on any part of any other party not under the supervision or control of “The Pilgrim Ways”.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information that you provide to us when registering on our website, completing a booking form, subscribing to mailing lists, and when contacting us both on and offline may include:
- Name, address and contact information, including phone and email;
- Demographic information such as gender, age, preferences and interests;
- Information related to your travel plans, such as name, emergency contacts, special service needs (e.g.; disability or medical or dietary restrictions), passport information, date of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence;
- “Order Information” including your name, billing address, payment information (e.g.; credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Information relevant for feedback and/or future marketing, such as comments, reviews, evaluations, images or video uploads.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- “Device Information” including information about your web browser, the domain and IP address that your computer uses, operating system, time zone, referral information, search terms and other standard information collected by default by tools such as Google Analytics. It will also report individual web pages or products that you view and information about how you interact with the Site. Additionally, we may use Google Analytics to measure and collect session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements). We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such third party sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We gather this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes;
- Improve our products and services;
- Send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- Contact you for market research purposes;
- Fulfill orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations) and communicate with you for program planning purposes.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing campaigns).
We may contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are very widely used in order to make websites function properly, or more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and improve your experience. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
WHO ELSE MAY SEE YOUR DATA
In order to respond to your order or booking we may need to disclose some of your information to our partners including:
- delivery companies, such as couriers or baggage hauling services;
- transportation companies.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business and of the internet, information and data you provide may be transferred outside the country. We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfill the booking. If you are submitting information or data from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) it is possible that it may be transferred outside the EEA, where data privacy regulations may differ from within the EEA.
We may also share your Personal Information, as described above, with third parties to help us use it. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe to our offices elsewhere.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
DATA SECURITY & RETENTION
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The Pilgrim Ways may change this policy on occasion in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. Changes will appear on this page. This policy is effective from 25 November 2019.
For more information about our privacy or security practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail at 2902 NW Shenandoah Terrace, Portland, OR, 97210, United States